The Government of Ontario provides coverage for seniors, youth and other categories of patients to obtain physiotherapy services at Designated Physiotherapy Clinics. There are a limited number of Designated Physiotherapy Clinics scattered across the province.
In order to be covered for physiotherapy services at a Designated Physiotherapy Clinic, you must have a doctor’s referral and:
- Be 19 years old or younger; or
- Be 65 years old or older; or
- Be receiving benefits under the Ontario Disability Support Program or Ontario Works; or
- Have been overnight in hospital for a condition that now requires physiotherapy treatment.
Only one body part can be treated at a time. If you require physiotherapy on multiple body parts, you will have to have a separate referral for each body part that will be looked after a different time intervals.
We also offer a maintenance program for patients that have completed an OHIP funded course of treatment and have reached a plateau with their functional level but wish to continue physiotherapy to maintain their current status.
If you do not qualify for the above, Hamilton Physio & Rehab also accepts:
- Company benefits such as Extended Health Care Insurance
- Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance
- Direct Billing Service (our fee schedule is reasonable and affordable)