Work Hardening Program
Intensive treatment for return-to-work rehabilitation
Work-Hardening is an individualized, interdisciplinary rehabilitation program consisting of progressive, work-related exercises in a controlled environment with the main goal of returning to work. The program targets the conditioning of musculoskeletal and cardiorespiratory systems with work-related activities to transition the patient back into full-time work duties/demands.
Essentially, a work hardening program consists of of 1/3 cardiovascular training tasks to increase endurance of the worker, 1/3 injury specific tasks, to ensure stabilization of the affected or injured area, and lastly, 1/3 work simulated activities specifically focused on the essential and critical demands of the job.
Goals of Work Hardening:
- Education on injury and how to manage pain independently.
- Increase strength, mobility, and flexibility in accordance with patients' needs.
- Increase functional capacity and endurance for work-related activities.
- Increase patient confidence and trust with activity.
- Goals tailored to return patients back to work similar to their pre-injured state.
Hamilton Physio & Rehab handles a vast amount of work hardening programs tailored specifically to each individual. Our experience and expertise within this field has helped many of our patients return to work in a safe, progressive manner. Get the treatment you deserve. Contact us today.
Functional Movement Examples